Terms & Conditions
Please read the following user agreement (Agreement) carefully before using this website. Your use of the website will constitute acceptance of this Agreement.
- Subject to the exception mentioned in clause 1.2 this website is owned by Motorsport UK Association Limited trading as Motorsport UK.
- The classified advertisement section of the Motorsport UK website is owned and operated by Web Business Services Limited (WBS) and your use of that section of the website is governed by WBS’s Terms and Conditions of Use (Click here to view).
- This Agreement may be amended by Motorsport UK from time to time. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be announced on this page. Continued use of the service by you after any such announcement will constitute your acceptance of the changes so you should check this page regularly. Your failure to comply with the terms and conditions of the Agreement as amended from time to time may result in termination of your access to the service or to its exercise by Motorsport UK of other contractual remedies against you.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE BY YOU
- All material on this website belongs to Motorsport UK or WBS. You may retrieve and display content from this website on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your own (personal) non-commercial use.
- You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes and that you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability. Other than by connecting to Motorsport UK’s servers by HTTP requests using a web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to Motorsport UK servers by any means, including without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the website or otherwise.
- You acknowledge that Motorsport UK has not reviewed, does not endorse and is not responsible for the content or actions of any other sites this website links to. Linking to any other service or site from this website is at your own risk.
- LINKSAny third party website that links to this website must not:
- create a frame or any other browser or boardroom environment around the content of this site;
- imply that Motorsport UK is endorsing it or its products or services;
- use any Motorsport UK trade mark displayed on any Motorsport UK website without permission from Motorsport UK;
- infringe any intellectual property or other right of any person;
- be a website that contains content that could be construed as distasteful, offence or controversial.
- Motorsport UK expressly reserves the right to request that any link in breach of these terms be removed and not take whatever other action it deems appropriate.
- COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS
Motorsport UK respects the intellectual property of others and we ask our users to do the same. Motorsport UK may in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion terminate the access of users who infringe the copyright of others.
- COMMENTS, COMPETITIONS AND PRIZES
From time to time Motorsport UK may run competitions, free prize draws and promotions on this website. These are subject to additional terms that may be made available at the time.
- MATERIALS PROVIDE BY OTHERS
You agree that Motorsport UK is not responsible and shall have no liability to you with respect to any information or materials posted by others including WBS including but not limited to defamatory, offensive or illicit materials.
You agree to indemnify Motorsport UK and its affiliates, employees, agents and representatives and to hold them harmless from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) from your unauthorised use of material obtained through the website, from your breach of this Agreement or from any such acts arising from your use of the website.
- EDITING AND DELETIONS
Motorsport UK reserves the right but undertakes no duty to review edit remove or delete any material posted on its website in its sole discretion and without notice.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE USING THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. The website is provided “as is” and to the extent permitted by applicable law Motorsport UK hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties expressed and implied, including but not limited to any warranties of accuracy, reliability, title, merchantability, non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose or any other warranty, condition or guarantee or representation whether oral in writing or in electronic form, including but not limited to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained therein or provided by the website.
- Motorsport UK does not represent or warrant that access to the website will be uninterrupted or that there will be no failures, errors, omissions or loss of transmitted information or that no viruses will be transmitted on the website.
- Save for the provisions of the following clause, Motorsport UK shall not be liable to you or any third parties for any direct, indirect special, consequential or punitive damages allegedly sustained arising out of your access to or inability to access the website, including viruses alleged to have been obtained from the website, your use of or reliance on the website or any of the information or materials available on the website, regardless of the type of claim or the nature of the cause of action even if advised of the responsibility of such damages.
- Motorsport UK’s liability will not be limited in the case of death or personal injury directly caused by Motorsport UK’s negligence.
Motorsport UK may terminate your ability to access the website, for any reason, without notice.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION
You agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and construed for all purposes in accordance with English law. You will also agree, subject to the following clause, to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts as regards any claim or matter arising out of this Agreement. For the exclusive benefit of Motorsport UK, Motorsport UK shall retain the right to bring proceedings relating to the substance of the matter in the courts of the country of your residence.
- This Agreement is the complete and entire agreement between the parties relating to the use of the website and supercedes any prior agreement whether written or oral.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement which shall remain in full force and effect. Failure of either party to exercise any right or remedy under this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- MOTORSPORT UK SHOP
Motorsport UK’s Consumer Terms of Sale (click here to view) govern the supply of Motorsport UK goods from the Motorsport UK Shop.
If you do not agree to the terms contained in this Agreement please exit the website now.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED
Personal information about you is collected when you register or fill in a form, place an order for goods, on the Motorsport UK website or when you send an e-mail to Motorsport UK. This information will be used for the purpose for which it is provided, unless you are informed otherwise at the time of giving the information. You may inform Motorsport UK at any time if you wish it to cease using your personal information. Motorsport UK will from time to time also collect information about you that does not reveal your identity. It will use this information for editorial purposes and occasionally for other internal purposes. At all times it will be used in aggregate form and will not be connected to any name, address or other personal identifying information.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Motorsport UK processes personal information in order to conduct market research surveys, run competitions and provide you with information about products and services on offer and process your orders for such products and services. Motorsport UK may from time to time use your contact information to tell you about news or events run by Motorsport UK or one of its strategic partners. You may opt out of receiving such mailings either when you register with Motorsport UK or at any time afterwards. Motorsport UK may also contact you with important information about your registration details even if you have opted out of receiving promotional e-mails.
Motorsport UK might disclose your information under strict terms of confidentiality and restriction of use to partners of Motorsport UK who supply services on behalf of Motorsport UK and who require to process personal data in order to provide such services. When you use Motorsport UK services you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to Motorsport UK’s partners for this purpose. Motorsport UK will not disclose any of your personal information to any other third parties without your express consent.
- If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer you can disable cookies on your Internet browser. Turning them off, however, might mean that you will not be able to enjoy the Motorsport UK website to its fullest.
There are links to the Motorsport UK website on third party websites over which Motorsport UK has no control. Motorsport UK accept no responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party websites. Motorsport UK advises you to carefully read third party privacy statements prior to use of their sites.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
This website has security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information under Motorsport UK’s control. However, no data transmission of the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and, whilst Motorsport UK strives to protect your personal information, it cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk. Once Motorsport UK receives the transmission, it will use its best efforts to ensure the security on the system.
- ACCESS TO DATA
You have a right to know about the personal information Motorsport UK holds about you. You also have a right to have your data corrected or deleted. Please address all of your requests and / or queries about data held by Motorsport UK to:
The Data Controller, Motorsport UK, Bicester Motion, OX27 8FY